Recommended Working Directory Structure for Chapter 30 Transit Scoring¶
To organize the process of scoring multiple projects and streamline the workflow, it is helpful to follow a specific directory structure while shepherding Chapter 30 projects through the accessibility scoring process. The recommended directory structure consists of the following folders:
- Contains one or more decay rate configuration files (.JSON) to pass to the Summarize Accessibility tool in the MMA MMA geoprocessing toolbox. The decay rates define how the value of a destination diminishes as travel impedance to it increases. Decay rate configuration files are provided as an a priori input to the Chapter 30 accessibility scoring process. They should not be edited during project scoring.
- Contains all GTFS feeds to be used in the development of the statewide base transit network as well as updated/additional feeds representing specific projects. All feeds should be stored in this folder and appropriate feeds selected for the development of the base and project networks during the network development phases of analysis. Each base or project feed should be included in a separate subfolder to avoid confusion among feeds.
- Contains feature classes representing zone and centroid features across the study area. For Chapter 30 scoring, the study area is the entire state of Maryland and portions of neighboring states. Level 2 zones from the Maryland Statewide Transportation Model (MSTM) and accompanying socio-economic/demographic data are utilized as the standard set of zones for Chapter 30 scoring. They are provided as a priori inputs to the Chapter 30 accessibility scoring process. Demographic and employment data generally should not be edited, unless a project application is accompanied by a project-specific land use forecast.
- Contains tables that represent summarized MMA scores generated using the Summarize Accessibility geoprocessing tool.
- Contains base and project Network Datasets as developed following the Add GTFS to a Network Dataset Toolbox. See the “Network Setup” section below.
- Contains shape files for each project network that include proposed route alignment and stops.
- Contains skim tables and skim reference files (.JSON) generated by the Create Skims tool (and the Manage Skim References tool when working with exogenous skims - this is generally not necessary for Chapter 30 scoring purposes).
- Contains georpocessing toolboxes for use in ArcGIS. - MMA Geoprocessing Toolbox - Chapter 30 Project Scoring Toolbox