Manage Skim References¶
This is the geoprocessing interface for creating, storing, and modifying skim reference configuration files for use in MMA analyses.
Skim reference config files define how to create a mma.Skim object, detailing the key fields in a skim table and how to parse them when running an accessibility analysis. Skim reference config files are required to run the summarizeAccessibility geoprocessing tool.
Batches of skim reference config files may be created by running this tool, but all skim tables must have identical structures. For multiple tables with variable structure, the tool must be run multiple times.
- Skim tables : [ArcGIS Table or Table View,…]
- A list of skim tables for which skim reference config files will be created. All tables in the list must have identical structures.
- Impedance field : Field
- The field in each skim table containing the operative cumulative impedance (usually travel time) value for calculating accessibility.
- Skim uses single OD field : Boolean, optional
- If checked (True), the skim tables have origin-destination ID’s organized in a single field. Skim tables produced by the gp_createSkims geoprocessor, for example, include a “Name” field which containts both origin and destination ID values, separated by the character string ” - “. If unchecked (False), the skim tables have separate columns for origin and destination ID’s.
- Origin field : Field
- If skim uses single OD field is false, the field in each skim table that identifies the origin zone associated with each record. If skim uses single OD field is true, this is the name of the field containing combined origin and destination ID values.
- Destination field : Field, optional
- If skim uses single OD field is false, the field in each skim table that identifies the destination zone associated with each record. If skim uses single OD field is true, this parameter is ignored.
- Delimiter value : String, optional
- If skim uses single OD field is true, the character string used to appropriately parse origin and destination IDs from the combined values stored in origin field. If skim uses single OD field is false, this parameter is ignored.
- Output folder : Folder
- The folder where all skim reference config files generated by the tool will be stored. A skim reference config file (.json) will be created for each table listed in skim tables. Each output skim reference config file takes its name from the corresponding skim table it describes and includes an absolute path reference to that skim table.